SW Washington COVID Response Fund: Adaptable and Rapid Grantmaking
The Community Foundation is committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusion, and actively strives to support these efforts locally and regionally. We approach this work with humility and seek to partner with organizations that are committed to addressing disparities in their organizations and communities.
In its initial phase, a proactive grantmaking approach will allow the grants committee to respond quickly to the evolving situation. Grants will be distributed on an ongoing basis throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis and our strategy will adapt accordingly. Any remaining funds will be directed toward future community health and disaster preparedness efforts.
Grants are intended to sustain and develop vital community services for residents who stand to lose the most from this unfolding emergency:
- Children and families, elders and those with compromised immune systems
- Healthcare and nonprofit employees
- Residents without health insurance and access to sick days
- Communities of color and residents with limited English language proficiency
- Economically vulnerable people, or those impacted by reduced and lost work
To learn more, please visit cfsww.org/covid19, which answers many common questions we are hearing from the community.
123 grants have been awarded since 3/23/20