Nominations Open for Lifetime of Giving Award Recipients
The Community Foundation established the Lifetime of Giving Award to celebrate the practice and ideal of giving, in all its forms. While the Philanthropist of the Year Award honors the magnitude and scale of giving, this award recognizes those who make significant personal sacrifices throughout their lifetime in order to give more generously to others. Recipients must live in southwest Washington and are chosen for their efforts in the following areas:
- Selfless commitment to the welfare of others
- Commendable volunteerism and financial support benefiting local nonprofits
- Exemplary giving of time and self to individuals, groups or communities
- A record of making significant impacts through all available resources
- Advances a culture of giving by encouraging and inspiring others to get involved
The Community Foundation is accepting public nominations with the intent of reflecting the many ways that people in southwest Washington express care and compassion within their communities. Click here for more details on nomination criteria. This award is part of Southwest Washington Philanthropy Awards lineup, which will be presented during the Community Foundation’s 2021 Virtual Philanthropy Celebration. Learn more about the event here.
To submit a nomination, please complete the form at the link below with optional letters of support by 5:00 p.m. on March 24, 2021.