Recommend grants locally, regionally and nationally to qualified nonprofits, schools, government programs, faith-based organizations and any international charity with a U.S. recipient entity. The Community Foundation does adhere to federal regulations, which disallow granting to individuals — except through a Scholarship Fund — or grants that provide any benefit to a donor or donor advisor.
- Membership dues
- Auction items
- Tickets to charitable functions
- Priority seating at sporting events
- Scholarships through a Donor Advised Fund
- To fulfill personal pledges or obligations*
To make the most efficient use of everyone’s resources, the Community Foundation strongly encourages donor advisors to recommend grants of at least $500 or more. For organizations you support as a board member, you must ensure there is no personal benefit to you or your family. If you have additional questions, your Senior Philanthropic Advisor Anne Digenis is here to help.
* We submit pledge recommendations to our Board of Directors for approval. If approved, the recipient organization is informed that the Community Foundation is making a pledge through your fund.