We’re tapping the strength of collective giving to alleviate the public health and economic consequences of the coronavirus in southwest Washington.
About the SW Washington COVID Response Fund
Managed by the Community Foundation for Southwest Washington, this fund will provide flexible financial support to trusted nonprofit partners across our region who are responding to increasing needs as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Grants will sustain and develop vital community services for residents who stand to lose the most from this unfolding emergency:
- Children and families, elders and those with compromised immune systems
- Healthcare and nonprofit employees
- Residents without health insurance and access to sick days
- Communities of color and residents with limited English language proficiency
- Economically vulnerable people, or those impacted by reduced and lost work
Immediate Nonprofit Needs
Most immediately, our staff has identified the need for unrestricted grants to organizations seeking assistance with or providing the following support:
- Housing stability efforts, services for people facing homelessness, physical and behavioral healthcare, emergency food programs and childcare support
- Community service delivery barriers, particularly around volunteer recruitment, retention and safety, and contingency planning
- Health and safety measures that range from basic cleaning and healthcare supplies to technology solutions for day-to-day operations
Adaptable and Rapid Grantmaking
In its initial phase, a proactive grantmaking approach will allow the grants committee to respond quickly to the evolving situation. Grants will be distributed on an ongoing basis throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis and our strategy will adapt accordingly. Any remaining funds will be directed toward future community health and disaster preparedness efforts.
To learn more, please check out the Frequently Asked Questions below, which answers many common questions we are hearing from the community.
- If your nonprofit is facing challenges that align with the fund’s purpose, please send your organization name, contact information, amount of request and description of need to [email protected].
- Interested donors and funding partners can contact Chief Development Officer, Janie Spurgeon at [email protected] or 360.952.4313.
- For media inquiries and interview requests, please contact Senior Communications Officer, Maury Harris at [email protected] or 360.952.4306.